Unless it is done by design, by way of malice, in order to further a political objective i.e. maintaining the status quo. Then again, 'one should never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity'.
Case in point:
No one is starving in Canada, no one is being killed on a daily basis in Canada, no one is in constant danger of being blown up by bombs falling out of the sky in Canada, no one is arrested and put in jail jail for expressing their political opinions in Canada, no one is constantly parading and dying in the name of freedom in Canada, no one is screaming for war and terrorist acts against other nations and people in Canada.
The truth is:
- 1 in 6 children go to bed hungry in Canada every night. While more than 3.5 million people, including 1 in 6 children, still live in poverty
- Better than 1 in 8 chance of being killed by the RCMP than by a terrorist
- Shut off the taps to the U.S. and you'll soon see what other countries have already found out the hard way about bombs falling from the sky with respect to their B-52 diplomacy
- 900 arrests linked to the G20 summit in Toronto. Largest mass arrests in Canadian history
- Parading? Yes, think 'Occupy Movements' in Canada. Dying? Not yet!
- HarperCONS recent opportunistic imperialistic 'terrorist' war of aggression on Libya and constant heated rhetoric against Iran on Israel's behalf
When the media refuses to inform and the public no longer questions, that truly is the beginning of the end of democracy.